CLEO can provide consultative support for research design and data analysis for health-related research.
CLEO is staffed with professionally trained biostatisticians, statistical programmers, physicians, data managers and data entry staff, and provides a wide range of biostatistical and epidemiological consulting services for research.
Research Services Offered by CLEO
Support can range from quick questions or short-term projects to long-term collaborative work. Consultants work primarily with Stata, R and SPSS, but can work with any software that is most convenient for the client.
More specifically, our services include:
- Development printing and distribution of Case Report Forms (CRFs)
- Development and maintenance of clinical research databases
- Data entry
- Data cleaning
Study Design, Biostatistical Analysis and Programming
- Sample size calculations
- Randomization scheme development
- Data modelling and analysis
- Health economic studies
- Meta-analysis and systematic review
- Interpretation of analysis results
- Development of publication quality tables and graphs
- Independent manuscript review and analysis verification
- Professional and scientific report-writing
- Study design, protocol and statistical analysis plan development
- Grant development
To date we have collaborated on over 50 projects with independent researchers, students in partnership with university departments, and non-governmental organisations.
We are involved in multiple grant applications and research projects funded by various organizations, university internal funds, and other funding sources.
Two hours of free service are provided for any health-related research project, for faculty or graduate students.
We can also provide additional free support on grant applications when CLEO personnel are included as co-investigators or statisticians in the grant application and budget.